AL-336 - Centre Lathe
300 x 900mm Turning Capacity
Includes Cabinet Stand
A high quality specification, floor standing, heavy duty metal turning lathe suitable for the keen model engineer, general maintenance and small production work shops. Featuring a precision ground, induction hardened bed, fully gear driven spindle with a speed range of 65 - 1810rpm, selectable via the front of headstock mounted gear selection levers.
2hp single phase 240 volt motor is supplied on machine, taper roller spindle bearings, range of cross and longitudinal feed speeds selected on a separate gearbox, thread chasing dial, spindle foot brake, chuck guard with safety interlock, splash guard, coolant pump system, work lamp.
Supplied with a large range of standard accessories including a 150mm(6") 3 jaw self centring chuck, 200mm(8") 4 jaw independent chuck, face plate and dead centres. 5 to 3 MT reduction sleeve, steady rest, follow rest and standard tool post. The floor stand is supplied with a swarf tray and incorporates a foot brake.
Change gears and toolbox with maintenance tools.
The overall capacities are 900mm between centres and 300mm swing over the bed. A gap bed facility gives 450mm swing. Thread cutting facilities in Metric & Imperial with a reversible leadscrew, the thread chasing dial provides easy re-engagement of the leadscrew in the correct position. (note the thread chasing dial is designed for imperial only).
- Gear drive headstock for quick change of spindle speeds
- Precision 'V'-beds are hardened and ground, incorporating a rigid webbed casting
- Slide out swarf tray from front of machine
- Low voltage work light
- Foot operated spindle brake with safety cut out switch
- Change gears for metric and imperial thread cutting
- Oil sight glass for head stock and gearbox
- Adjustable taper roller bearings support the spindle
- 18 spindle speeds from 65 to 1810rpm
- Inching button is incorporated on the control panel for convenient spindle speed selection
- Enclosed quick action gearbox for thread cutting and auto feeding
- Powered longitudinal and cross feeds
- D1-4 camlock spindle for quick chuck changes and safe reverse direction turning. ISO standard
- Removable gap bed-way for larger diameter jobs
- Dual calibrated dials (except for saddle hand-wheel)
- Chuck & change gear guards are fitted with micro switches
- 3-jaw chuck with reverse jaws
- 4-jaw chuck
- Face plate
- Fixed steady
- Travelling steady
- Coolant system
- Change gears
- Dead centres
- Thread-chasing dial
- Safety chuck guard
- Work light
- Foot brake
- Rear splash guard & slide out swarf tray
- Tool box
- Instruction booklet