Hare & Forbes Pty Ltd (ACN 000 286 957) and their related bodies corporate ("We", "Us", "Our") , T/A Hare & Forbes Machineryhouse values your Privacy.
Information We Collect
We may collect personal information for a variety of reasons, and this will depend on the nature of your dealings with Us. We will not collect information that is not relevant or sensitive in nature unless it is required in the normal course of business.
The personal information that is collected may include, but will not be limited to the following;
- Information We may require to identify you, including your Full name, Address, Date of birth, gender, licence details
- Information We may require to contact you including, telephone number, email addresses, postal addresses, social media details
- Australian Company Number and/or Australian Business Number (if required)
- Pictures & images from video surveillance and other cameras in our stores (including in car parks, store entrances and showrooms)
- Credit references (if applicable)
- Publically available information which relate to the clients activities in Australia
- Any information recorded in the National Personal Insolvency Index
- Any other information you provide Us when you submit an enquiry or contact Us
Collection of Personal information
We may collect and process personal information in the normal course of business. This personal information may be collected, but is not limited to, any of the following methods;
- When you visit or shop with Us at Our Websites or at Our stores
- When you use and/or contribute to social media managed by Us;
- If you join Our club membership program: "Machineryhouse Mate";
- If you apply for a job with Us;
- When you make an enquiry or contact Us, or participate in a survey, promotion or competition
- from other sources
We collect the following information/tracking data for statistical purposes and to help Us understand how to make Our Website more available and User friendly for you and to measure the success of any advertising activities We may under take:
(a) Your IP address.
(b) The date and time of your visits to Our Website.
(c) Your clicks and activity on this site.
(d) The referring site if any through which you clicked through to this site.
(e) Technical information on your browser, device and operating systems
Access & Storage of your Personal Information
No data transmission over the Internet is guaranteed as 100% secure and therefore there are always risks in sharing information over the internet. Accordingly, Hare & Forbes Machinery house cannot warrant the security of any information you exchange with us over the internet.
Hare & Forbes Machinery House ensures that all personal information is held in a secure manner. Where applicable and to the best of Hare & Forbes Machinery House's knowledge all computers or servers have the required security protections in place to safeguard and protect any personal information that is held by Hare & Forbes Machinery House.
Hare & Forbes Machinery House also regularly conducts internal risk management reviews to ensure that its infrastructure (to the best of its knowledge) is secure and any identifiable risks have been mitigated as much as they can be in the normal course of business.
You shall have the right to request from Hare & Forbes Machinery House a copy of all the information about you that is retained by Hare & Forbes Machinery House. You also have the right to request (by telephone and/or by email) that Hare & Forbes Machinery House correct any information that is incorrect, outdated or inaccurate.
Hare & Forbes Machinery House will destroy personal information upon your request (by telephone and/or by email) or when the personal information is no longer required. The exception to this is if the personal information is required in order to fulfil the purpose of Hare & Forbes Machinery House or is required to be maintained and/or stored in accordance with the law.
We will destroy personal information upon your request (by telephone and/or by email) or when the personal information is no longer required. The exception to this is if the personal information is required in order to fulfil the purpose of Hare & Forbes Machinery House or is required to be maintained and/or stored in accordance with the law
Use or disclosure of your Personal Information
We may use and disclose your personal information for a variety of reasons for which it was collected for at the time such as:
- to process your transactions efficiently, analyse Our Website services to enable Us to provide a higher level of customer service
- To assess your application for a credit account or your ongoing credit facility; or
- To notify a credit reporter of a default by you; or
- To relevant third parties to undertake fraud checks,
- To accept/consider job applications; or
- Communicating and/or marketing Our products and services, promotional offers, club memberships or special events; or
- Responding to enquiries, feedback, ratings, comments, complaints; or
- To support Our business internal and external administrative functions; or
- Meet Our legal obligations; or
- Any other reasons you may reasonably expect Us to Use your personal information for
Information We Release
We will only release information about you as authorised by yourself, required by law or where required in order for us to provide Goods or Services to yourself e.g. to third party suppliers, or delivery companies. Where supplied to such third parties the information provided will only be sufficient for the third party to perform their services and may not be used by them for any other purpose.
We will not release your information for any purpose which you could reasonably expect us not to release the information.
Except as detailed above we do not share, give, sell, rent, or lease information to third parties and your personal information will only be disclosed to those employees within our organisation who have a need to know in order to ensure you are provided with information about our products and Services or to request Goods and Services through this website.
We will not disclose your Personal Information to overseas recipients without your consent.
How to contact us
If you have any questions or concerns or wish to file a complaint about how we handle your personal information please contact our offices. We will investigate your complaint and determine how it can be resolved.
If you are still unhappy about the way the complaint was handled, please contact us direct and will aim to address any further concerns you have. Alternatively you may contact the Australian information Commissioner via www.oaic.gov.au.