T-20S - Thicknesser - Spiral Head Cutter
508 x 200mm (W x H) Material Capacity
Includes Spiral Cutter Head with Carbide Inserts
Manufactured in Taiwan
A difference from the traditional design of thicknessers are the new helical cutter heads that's now standard in this model. The important advantage of a spiral cutter head is its shearing contact with the work-piece rather than the very loud chopping effect produced by a traditional HSS blade cutter heads. This translates into a much smoother cut with less chipping and tear out of the work-piece as well as significantly much quieter operation.
The Hafco T-20S thicknesser with "Spiral Cutter Head & Carbide Inserts" is a heavy duty machine with very substantial cast iron body and heavy gauge sheet steel base. The cast iron thicknessing table, which has a polished surface for reduced vibration and improved quality of cut, is supported on solid pillars at each corner and has extension rollers both front and back for improved timber support.
Steel rollers with ribbing ensure positive drive on the timber through the machine at a rate of 16 or 20 fpm via two speed gearbox, the feed roller pressure can be adjusted with the four adjusters on the top of the machine. The depth of cut is set by means of the cranked handle on the side using the setting scale positioned on the in-feed side or digital readout display. Power is provided by a 3750W / 5hp 415V induction motor, housed within the base and transmitting power to the cutter block via a twin pulley vee belt drive system.
Spiral cutter heads have now revolutionised wood work planers and thinckners! Offering reduced chatter and tear-out in most timbers. This head has 4 x spirals and comes pre-loaded with a total of 92 fine grain tungsten carbide inserts, which have four cutting edges that can be indexed to offer a new cutting edge in seconds, and do not require a blade setting jig. The general consensus from end users state that when used correctly the inserts can last anywhere from three to five times longer than any standard HSS knives, so if you multiply this by four cutting edges you can achieve 12 to 20 times the normal blade life of a HSS blade set.
- Heavy cast iron machine suits professional workshop
- 4 spirals on cutter head with 92 pre-loaded carbide inserts
- Carbide inserts incorporate 4 cutting edges for reduced vibration
- Dynamically balanced cutting head
- Cutting speed 5000 rpm
- 2 speed feed rollers with pressure adjustment
- 125mm dust chute
- Digital Height Gauge (Includes LR44 battery)
- Industrial contactor switch with overload protection
- Anti kick back fingers
- Left & right table locking dials
- Heavy duty four post design with protective concertina covers
- Same model sold for over 20 years
- Quality Taiwanese Manufacture
- Includes 92 Carbide Inserts - Dimension Shown Below.