XM-W 84 - CNC Waterjet Cutting System
2450 x 1250mm cutting capacity
The JEKRAN XM series Waterjet is rich with technology but at the same time extremely user friendly, The XM-W series machines are equipped with many standard features such as built-in material databases, variable soft piercing function for brittle materials, auto garnet delivery system and laser light sheet positioning assistance to name a few.
The powerhouse of the XM-W machine is the German built direct drive pump which outputs 3,800bar / 55,000psi at 100% duty cycle whilst maintaining unrivaled energy savings. These machines are manufactured in Europe and are unbelievably good value.
- CNC Control - The CNC controller is a 15” Industrial Touch screen which has been ergonomically designed for users in both standing and sitting positions. Using large icon based intuitive CNC software, most operators can be well conversant in using the machine with a single day of training. The CNC accepts DXF, SVG, HPGL, Vector files as well as G-Code files. Auto nesting of parts can be achieved for material sheet utilisation.
- Material Database - The material database makes the machine suitable for any user. Cutting parameters are all stored in the PC and loaded accordingly. This means that correct parameters and cutting configuration is always set and an optimum cut is guaranteed. Fine adjustment of feed rate or other parameters can still be done during the cutting sequence. This allows any novice use to attain satisfactory cutting results right from the start.
- High Pressure Pump – The heart of the system is the highly advanced German built variable speed direct drive pump, creating up to 3800bar / 55000psi pressure at 100% duty cycle using the standard 0.35mm orifice. The pump boasts a unique filtering system making it suitable for tap water quality saving you money on additional equipment and maintenance costs. If using tap water there is no requirement for reverse osmosis filtration equipment to filter the incoming water like the competitors intensifier pumps require. Maintenance costs are also further reduced with the XM-W series pump having a 1000hr service interval compared to an intensifier pump which is 500hrs.
- Energy Efficiency – Water jet cutting systems often use hydraulically driven intensifiers whereby only about 60% of the energy drawn to run the main motor is in effect used for the regulation and provision of the actual cutting Jet. This is an enormous energy loss. The variable speed directly driven pumps on the XM-W series distinguish themselves in comparison to intensifier pumps with a much higher degree of power efficiency of up to 30% more efficient than intensifier pumps.
- Bulk Garnet Delivery System – Equipped with a PLC controlled automatic bulk garnet feeding system your machine does not need to stop for garnet replenishment, The hopper capacity is 80L / 320kg and has a low level sensor and unlike others this unique technology allows you to fill the hopper without stopping the machine.
- Frame / Chassis – The chassis is fully welded to improve strength and rigidity, making the whole composition robust. This is especially important after prolonged cutting times when heat can distort the construction.
- Body Work / Covers - All steel covers are painted with epoxy type paint to give it ultimate coating quality. The aluminium sections are anodised for added protection. Side covers are made of industrial grade ABS to give the machine an aesthetically pleasing look whilst providing the necessary protection from ingress of contaminants and satisfying safety requirements.
- Drives and Motors - The Y-axis benefits from a motor on either side of the gantry to achieve high speed and accurate motion during cutting and traverse rapid motion. These are coupled with a purposely designed gear box to maximise torque and acute motion.
- Fully Sealed Z axis – Form and function are built into the X-MW Series Z-Axis, keeping a small form factor, yet housing a fully sealed cutting head post. The design ensures that the ingress of contaminants is minimised, thus eliminating the potential damage and shorter lifetime that these may induce.