CL4 - Professional Electronic Variable Speed Lathe
Ø305mm Swing x 610mm Between Centres
Electronic Variable Speed 13 ~ 4600rpm & Swivelling Headstock
The CL series has long been at the heart of the Record Power range of woodturning lathes, having found their way into countless workshops of both professional and hobbyist woodturners for many decades. This new updated range builds on all the great design features that have made the previous machines so consistently popular, with a number of improvements and developments to give even greater performance and value for money.
The bed bars of both machines have increased diameters for improved stability and their length has been revised to be a more compact and practical 24” in length. Optional bed bar extensions are available for those who turn very large items between centres. The spindle thread of the lathes has been increased in size to the popular M33 thread, bringing it in line with our heaviest duty lathes to give unsurpassed solidity and increasing compatibility across the range.
The headstock features easy maintenance sealed-for-life bearings, 2 at the front and 1 at the rear of the spindle, providing excellent support for the movement of the spindle. The spindle itself is hollow, allowing a knockout bar to be used to aid removal of headstock accessories.
The tailstock, which now features a 2 Morse taper barrel, also has an upgraded hand wheel to the rear, making movement of the barrel much easier. The tool rest has an improved one-piece cast design with a larger 1” diameter stem, giving a more sturdy base to turn from with increased support for the chisel.
The CL3 remains a 5 speed lathe, offering ample options for all woodturning tasks, and the CL4 features the famous VSLK variable speed unit, offering incredible versatility with its responsive variable speed change.
Shown with optional leg stand.
- Headstock - The headstock is now made from cast steel for extra strength. The phosphor bronze bearing offers long life, unrivalled support and is adjustable to offer years of reliable performance.
- Capacity - 305mm bowl capacity over bed, 762mm with headstock swivelled.
- Bed Bars - The solid steel chromed bed bars add weight, rigidity and strength while providing smooth travel for head, tail and toolrest banjo.
- Tailstock - Heavy duty tailstock within a cast iron construction gives stability and support to the workpiece. It is hollow to enable easy ejection of centres and allow for long hole boring and also features easy to use cam locks.
- Cam Action Banjo and Tailstock - Strong cast banjo and tailstock for easy one-handed repositioning.
- Variable Speed Unit - Recently improved and now more efficient. Provides simple, responsive and smooth speed change at the turn of a dial. This unit is assembled in the UK using components from a high quality German supplier. It is the industrial solution to variable speed control.
- 12402 6" Tool Rest (R8582)
- 12404 12" Tool Rest (R8584)
- 12500 Lathe Stand (R856)
- 6215 Spindle Nose Adaptor (R8195)