BP-480A - Wood Band Saw
2 Blade Speeds - 488 & 1010m/min & Includes Automatic Electronic Motor Braking System
465mm Throat Depth x 310mm Height Capacity
The BP-480A is the big brother of the BP-430A bandsaw and offers a larger cutting capacity of 465mm depth x 310mm height. It also includes a electronic safety motor brake system to quickly stop the blade, and the powerful 1500W, 2hp 240V motor drives a 2-speed pulley system that allows you to cut a wide variety of timber sections with ease. The welded steel frame is extraordinary rigid allowing for higher blade tension with a quick release blade tensioning lever that substantially speeds up the process of changing the blade.
The BP-480A also manufactured in Taiwan offers excellent safety features including interlocked blade guard doors, safety magnetic nvr power switch, 2 x height option fence, twin extraction ports and is all compliant to CE standard. The cast iron table and heavy-duty ball bearing blade guides are included, along with a rigid rip fence and precision mitre fence.
Worm gear systems incorporated for both table tilting and blade guidepost movement are used for quick & easy adjustment. Another very important feature that is also often forgotten is that the machine offers cast iron blade wheels that are balanced for smooth running and helps eliminate excessive vibration.
An often overlooked feature is the ease of changing the blade; The BP-480A has a quick release blade tensioning lever which substantially speeds up the process of blade changing. Two belt speeds offer the right speed of 488 & 1010m/min. for cutting either a large or small job.
- 1500W / 2hp 240V motor
- 2-speed 488/1010m/min
- 465mm throat capacity,
- 480mm heavy duty cast iron wheels
- Automatic electronic motor braking system to quickly stop blade
- Aluminium extruded fence with 2 height options -150mm & 12mm
- Solid cast iron wheels balanced for performance
- Large cast iron table tilts to -10° to +45°
- Magnetic NVR on/off switch
- Micro-switch protection on hinged blade guard doors
- Ball bearing blade guides
- Quick-action blade tension
- Rack & pinion adjustment on top blade guide
- Twin 100mm dust chutes
- CE safety standard compliant
- Mitre guide
- Aluminium rip fence