Model 480 - Professional Engraver
The Record Power Burgess engraver has been the standard industrial engraver for many years. This is due to its unique hammer action that engraves the work piece in a far more efficient and controlled manner than rotary tools.
This professional engraver has a continuously rated heavy duty motor for non-stop engraving. There are many applications for engravers in the workshop and around the home, but they are commonly used for marking steel, aluminium, jewellery security marking, wood carving, glass monogramming and decorating, engraving and decorating plastics, ceramics, stone and plaster carving.
The casing is manufactured from injection moulded nylon, filled with glass spheres. This is a widely used industrial material which provides a lightweight yet strong and durable solution. It gives excellent resistance to warping, oils and abrasion.
- Penetrating Action: The engraver works using a rapid hammer action to indent the workpiece, rather than removing material. This method means the material keeps its strength and the user has more control over the tool compared to that of a rotary action engraver
- Adjustable Penetration Depth: The engraver can be finely adjusted to give varying depth of point penetration, enabling exact results on a wide range of both hard and soft materials such as steel, alloys, plastics, glass and even leather and linoleum
- Ergonomic Design: Designed to fit comfortably in the hand for superior control
- Case Included: The engraver is supplied in a handy storage case
- Engraving points included:
- A2 Fine Carbide Point
- A4 Carbide Engraving Point
- A5 Standard Engraving Point
- A8 Abrasive Engraving Point