CL4-CAM - Professional Electronic Variable Speed Lathe
Ø305mm Swing x 914mm Between Centres
Record Power CL4-CAM Professional Electronic Variable Speed Lathe
Most serious and professional woodturners have realised the benefits of infinitely variable speed control. This allows the user to run the lathe at just the right speed for the job, with a simple turn of a dial. The speed can be varied from 13 to 4600 rpm*. Newly upgraded, the electronics and inverter are now housed in a dust proof metal enclosure certified to IP55 standard. This offers even greater levels of protection for the advanced control circuits. This speed control unit should not be confused with cheap and inferior expanding pulley systems, which have limited speed ranges, often have vibration problems and due to the inherent weakness in their design, wear belts at a rapid rate. The Record Power CL4 uses a 3 phase motor and inverter to provide the power and is a truly professional solution, used throughout the machine tool industry.
*Most turning can be achieved safely and effectively between 400 and 2000rpm. The higher speeds are only to be used by experienced turners who have had adequate training and observe all recommended safety and operating procedures.
- Headstock - The headstock is now made from cast steel for extra strength. The phosphor bronze bearing offers long life, unrivalled support and is adjustable to offer years of reliable performance.
- Capacity - 12" bowl capacity over bed, 30" with headstock swivelled.
- Massive Capacity - With a 36" capacity between centres and the ability to turn up to a 30" bowl when using the optional CL3/B all your turning needs can be catered for.
- Bed Bars - The solid steel chromed bed bars add weight, rigidity and strength while providing smooth travel for head, tail and toolrest banjo.
- Tailstock - Heavy duty tailstock within a cast iron construction gives stability and support to the workpiece. It is hollow to enable easy ejection of centres and allow for long hole boring and also features easy to use cam locks.
- Cam Action Banjo and Tailstock - Strong cast banjo and tailstock for easy one-handed repositioning.
- Variable Speed Unit - Recently improved and now more efficient. Provides simple, responsive and smooth speed change at the turn of a dial. This unit is assembled in the UK using components from a high quality German supplier. It is the industrial solution to variable speed control.
- CLO/H 17" Tool Rest
- CLO/J 10" Tool Rest
- CL3/B Bowl Turning Attachment
- RPLB24-48 Adjustable Lathe Stand
- CLO/C Cam Lock Tool Rest Upgrade