QLD Schools / TAFE - T380S Thicknesser - Spiral Head
QLD Contract Item No. 36.1
We for many years have been working in close consultation with education departments to ensure the most suitable equipment is provided to our schools and TAFE, not only does it comply with the departments stringent safety requirements but is built to last the distance. That's why we consider our company to be a specialist when it comes to supplying quality Wood Work and Metal Working Machinery for Public or Private Schools, TAFE Colleges and Trade Training Centres in all states of Australia.
Manufactured in Taiwan
A difference from the traditional design of thicknessers are the new helical cutter heads that's now standard in this model. The important advantage of a spiral cutter head is its shearing contact with the work-piece rather than the very loud chopping effect produced by a traditional HSS blade cutter heads. This translates into a much smoother cut with less chipping and tear out of the work-piece as well as significantly much quieter operation.
The Hafco T-380S thicknesser with "Spiral Cutter Head & Carbide Inserts" is a heavy duty machine with very substantial cast iron body and heavy gauge sheet steel base. The cast iron thicknessing table, which has a polished surface for reduced vibration and improved quality of cut, is supported on solid pillars at each corner and has extension rollers both front and back for improved timber support. The carbide Inserts gives a clean finish on the timber.
Steel rollers with ribbing ensure positive drive on the timber through the machine at a rate of 16 or 20 fpm via two speed gearbox, the feed roller pressure can be adjusted with the four adjusters on the top of the machine. The depth of cut is set by means of the cranked handle on the side using the setting scale positioned on the in-feed side or digital readout. Power is provided by a 2200W / 3hp 240V induction motor, housed within the base and transmitting power to the cutter block via a twin pulley vee belt drive system.
- 380mm wide x 150mm high timber capacity
- 4 spirals on cutter head with 68 pre-loaded carbide inserts
- Carbide inserts incorporate 4 cutting edges for reduced vibration
- Dynamically balanced cutting head
- Digital Height Gauge (Includes LR44 battery)
- Motor located in enclosed stand ensuring effortless rise/fall & less wear to mechanical components
- Solid cast iron construction
- Left side table locking dials
- 2 speed gearbox
- 100mm dust chute
- Same model sold for over 20 years
- Quality Taiwanese Manufacturer
- Digital Height Gauge
- Includes 68 Carbide Inserts - Dimension Shown Below.