WL-20 - Swivel Head Wood Lathe & Tooling Package Deal
Ø370mm Swing x 1100mm Between Centres
Variable Speed 500 ~ 2000rpm, Swivelling Headstock also Includes 100mm Scroll Chuck & Insert, 8 Piece Wood Turning Tool Set, & Bowl Sanding Tool
The WL-20 lathe is the bigger brother to the WL-18 and has three major features that sets them apart:
1, The centre height is 185mm giving the ability to turn larger diameter bowls up to 370mm diameter without the need to rotate the head.
2, The distance between centres is a very useful 1100mm for turning long spindles, table legs or similar items alike.
3, The head can be swivelled out to turn large bowls and in addition the head can also be repositioned along the bed in the most convenient location to suit your preference and comfort.
The WL-20 lathe is mainly made up from cast iron to provide the rigidity that's required and needed in all good wood lathes. Changing the spindle speed from 500 to 2000rpm is extremely easy via the stepless variable speed control lever mounted on the front of the head.
The lathe comes complete with an outboard tool rest extension which is used to get the bowl rest into the best position when turning with the head rotated. The head and tailstock both have 2 morse tapers and the drive spindle thread is a common 1" x 10tpi. Supplied as standard with the machine is a 4 prong drive centre, revolving tailstock centre, faceplate, 100mm scroll chuck & insert thread adapter, bowl sanding tool & 8 piece turning tool set.
- Cast iron construction, bed, head and tailstock
- Variable speed control 500-2000rpm
- Swivelling headstock can be locked in position
- Headstock is free to slide along the length of the bed
- Outboard tool rest extension
- Dust proof magnetic switch
- Headstock and tailstock have 2 Morse tapers, 1" x 10tpi spindle thread
- WL-20 Swivel Head Wood Lathe (W384)
- 100mm Scroll Chuck (W370)
- Scroll Chuck Insert - 1" x 10TPI (W3665)
- 8-Piece wood turning tool set (W301)
- Bowl Sanding Tool (W305)
- Bowl turning attachment
- Drive & Live Centres
- Tool rest