In The Shed: Scheppach CS 55 Circular Plunge & Mitre Cut Saw Package
Boasting German design and technology, the Scheppach CS 55 Circular Plunge & Mitre Cut Saw Package (Order Code: W874) offers diverse operation and maximum precision for pro results in the workshop or on the jobsite.
A system that generates precision cuts like a traditional circular saw, it’s essentially three saws in one and can be used as a:
• Plunge saw to achieve exact parallel cuts with the guide track system. Ideal for close-to-wall cutting up to 15.5mm and perfect for kitchen worktops.
• Panel sizing saw for precise parallel panel sizing and trim cuts, in addition to mitre and compound cuts with stepless 0 – 45° angle adjustment.
• Portable handsaw
The Scheppach CS-55 Package is ideal whatever the material: solid natural timbers, double-coated boards, chipboard, plywood and even MDF.
It contains the following parts for ultimate performance:
• 1 x CS 55 Circular Plunge & Mitre Cut Saw (Order Code: W875)
• 1 x CS 55-RAIL 1400 x 200mm Aluminium Guide Rail (Order Code: W876)
• 1 x Guide Rail/Joiner, Clamps & Stop Accessory Kit (Order Code: W877)
• 1 x Anti-Fall-over Saw Clamp (Order Code: W878)
A powerful 1.2kW (1.6Hp) 240V motor is capable of a 5500rpm blade speed. With a 160mm diameter, 2.4mm thickness and 20mm bore - the 24-tooth blade gives a fine and accurate finish. In addition, splinter-free protection is guaranteed thanks to the rubber strip.
Combining the Scheppach parallel plunge saw with the 1.4m guide track — its rubber lip adheres to the work piece — allows the user to maintain a smooth and constant hand position while performing 90º or 45º cuts.
The CS 55 has a 55mm maximum stepless cutting depth. In fact, it’s capable of a range of depths:
• Cut depth @ 90º (plunge saw only) = 55mm
This allows trimming and sizing of most common door sizes
• Cut depth @ 45º (plunge saw only) = 41mm
• Cut depth @ 90º (with guide rail) = 50.5mm
• Cut depth @ 45º (with guide rail) = 35.5mm
• Adjustable mitre cutting = 0 - 45º
Finally, the enclosed guard gives a 90% dust extraction capability, aided by a 38mm dust collector connection.